American Trading International, Inc (ATI) is seeking an experienced Accounting Coordinator to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
ATI has recently expanded our beautiful Westside office and is looking for sharp, smart, like-minded individuals to help take us to the next level!
ATI is a 20 year old Los Angeles, CA based export trading company specialized in USA food & beverage products, both branded and private label. We are currently seeking to fill a new position in our fast growing, dynamic work environment. ATI is a 45 employee / $50 million operation exporting to over 80 markets worldwide. We take pride in our state-of-the-art facilities, resources, friendly atmosphere, with a multi-cultural / multi-lingual staff speaking more than 20 languages. We now also operate on SAP.
Accounts Payable: Process supplier invoices and reconcile all invoice with corresponding Inbound delivery and release. Verify invoices submitted by different departments for accuracy; monitor invoices received via email/USPS to assure all invoices are being submitted for payment. Process payments to suppliers and monitor term discounts and due dates to process check runs correctly. Prepare checks for signature, Mail out checks. Follow up with all vendor AP inquiries, Review vendor statement of accounts and follow up accordingly
Accounts Receivable: Assist Credit and Accounts Manager with AR activities and collections, post customer payments to account.
Credit cards: Monitor credit cards to process payments due, make payments via credit card to vendors. Knowledge of how to apply any credits on account when processing payment. Make sure to pay within the term discount date
Customer Claims: Assist different departments on claims resolution and maintain claims packet for all claims made. Main point of contact for different company departments on claims status.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Interest in International Trade and Global Affairs
• 1 – 3 years accounting / bookkeeping experience
• Experience with SAP Software
• Relevant industry experience a plus
• Foreign language(s) a plus
• Be able to self-motivate
• Be a mature individual with confidence and focus
• Be able to take, as well as give direction to best manage projects and others, and be able to identify when to step in during critical moments.
• Be forward thinking and able to issue spot the needs of the overall department and senior management. “Gets the Big Picture”
• Have a positive and personable demeanor while multi-tasking and working with time sensitive processes
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
• Able to follow-up / follow through without having to be reminded
• Be fluent in English both verbal and written
• Looking for long-term growth / a career-minded individual