American Trading International, Inc. (ATI) is currently seeking an experienced Business Development Coordinator to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
ATI has recently expanded our beautiful Westside office and is looking for sharp, smart, like-minded individuals to help take us to the next level!ATI is a 20 year old Los Angeles, CA based export trading company specialized in USA food & beverage products, both branded and private label. We are currently seeking to fill a new position in our fast growing, dynamic work environment. ATI is a 45 employee / $50 million operation exporting to over 80 markets worldwide. We take pride in our state-of-the-art facilities, resources, friendly atmosphere, with a multi-cultural / multi-lingual staff speaking more than 20 languages. We now also operate on SAP.
• Provide support which directly assists in the growing of ATI’s sales portfolio.
• Managing manufacturer information, assisting with product, price, profitability, competitor analysis, and manufacturer recruitment.
• Understand basic functions of all departments at ATI and how they work together.
• Understand basic logistics and export documentations requirements and procedures as executed at ATI.
• Develop an extensive knowledge of ATI’s accounts assigned and all products in their portfolio, especially products sold by ATI. Have an extensive knowledge of ATI’s manufacturers, their brands and items as well as staying up-to-date with any changes.
• Must be able to create and conduct a presentation on a New Manufacturer.
• Work as a liaison for the Manufacturers and the Business Intelligence Manager (BIM) between all other ATI Departments.
• Be proactive versus reactive to Manufacturers and all ATI Departments regarding requests of action or information. Keeping the BIM informed.
• As guided by the BIM, conduct Manufacturer and Customer related analysis accurately and timely
• Must respond within 24 hours to emails from manufacturers regarding requests for information or action. If the requested information is not available provide the Manufacturer with an expectation of when a response will be provided. Set task reminders and follow-up timely by the time identified with any and all information available, repeat actions if necessary.
• Provide direct support to BIM to assist in the growth of sales of ATI portfolio by assisting in improving company’s profit margins through Business Intelligence tasks, projects and efforts.
• Request and send samples; request logistics rates.
• Support the Business Intelligence Manager (BIM) through reporting, analysis, and projects as needed.
• Making sure Manufacturer information in SharePoint and SAP is up-to-date. Report any discrepancies in SAP (especially pricing issues) to appropriate parties.
• Be proactive and working with the BIM, to provide information to the ATI Departments, and Manufacturers regarding but not limited to: alternative & existing manufacturer product list, price competitiveness, strategic advantage, purchase volumes, ATI’s profitability, competition insight, etc.
• Negotiate with Manufacturers under direction of BIM (for lower prices, discounts, price increase extensions, etc.) Update SAP and advise Purchasing & Business Development of any changes or updates.
• Be knowledgeable of all sales numbers for manufacturers used in ATI’s Customer portfolio of products sold, knowing if they are up or down in sales, profitability, assist the BIM in driving business to improve performance over the previous year.
• Be constantly aware of the ‘current’ lead times by manufacturers that produce items for ATI’s Customers
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Interest in International Trade and Global Affairs
• 3 – 5 years sales or sales analysis experience
• Experience with SAP Software
• Relevant industry experience a plus
• Foreign language(s) a plus
An Ideal Candidate Must:
• Be able to self-motivate
• Be a mature individual with confidence and focus
• Be able to take, as well as give direction to best manage projects and others, and be able to identify when to step in during critical moments.
• Be forward thinking and able to issue spot the needs of the overall department and senior management. “Gets the Big Picture”
• Have a positive and personable demeanor while multi-tasking and working with time sensitive processes
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
• Able to follow-up / follow through without having to be reminded
• Be fluent in English both verbal and written
• Looking for long-term growth / a career-minded individual
COMPETITIVE AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PROGRAM:
Health Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Dental Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Vision Insurance, Optional Life Insurance, Business Travel Insurance, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Generous Holiday, Sick and PTO policy.
COMPANY HOME PAGE: www.american-trading.com
JOB TYPE: Full Time
START DATE: Immediately
JOB LOCATION: West LA
WAGE / SALARY / TITLE: Depending On Experience
DAY/HOURS: M-F 40 Hours/Per Week