American Trading International, Inc. (ATI) is currently seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
ATI has recently expanded our beautiful Westside office and is looking for sharp, smart, like-minded individuals to help take us to the next level!
ATI is a 20 year old Los Angeles, CA based export trading company specialized in USA food & beverage products, both branded and private label. We are currently seeking to fill a new position in our fast growing, dynamic work environment. ATI is a 45 employee / $50 million operation exporting to over 80 markets worldwide. We take pride in our state-of-the-art facilities, resources, friendly atmosphere, with a multi-cultural / multi-lingual staff speaking more than 25 languages. We now also operate on SAP.
• New Business Development – responsible for creating a development strategy for USA products internationally with specific goals, time deadlines, with a structured plan of execution and analytics to measure results.
• Improve sales campaigns for products, Manufacturers Brands, and build and improve product(s) awareness, and support customers/accounts in their country-specific marketing efforts of these products.
• Customer Service
• Maximize business and identify opportunities to add on new items based on evaluation.
• Support inter – department sales order management throughout all departments.
• Ensure projects/ assignments are moving forward to completion, work inter-departmentally to ensure success of orders.
• Aware of labeling requirements for all accounts and support label department for completion and timely project success.
• Aware of branded product opportunities, work with the branded/marketing department to offer latest trends or company focused opportunities
• Meet company guidelines for order Profit Margin.
• Work with the Branded/Marketing department on opportunities that have been identified in the region and/or are directed by CEO.
• Forecasting or products taken by account to anticipate growth and foresee potential issues.
• Reorder Analysis of products taken in see purchasing trends and identify opportunities to grow.
• Understand the markets of accounts under management and what competitors are doing in those markets. Be able to strategize opportunities based on this knowledge.
• In depth knowledge of Account, buy patterns, items imported, relationships with other US suppliers, category review times, seasonal purchasing needs, etc.
• Manufacturer Relations
• Purchasing Department Relations & Profit Margin
• Logistics / Credit and Accounts / Private Label / Branded Marketing Department Relations
• Strategy Development
• Organizational and Management
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Interest in International Trade and Global Affairs
• 5 -7 years sales and sales management experience
• Experience with SAP Software
• Relevant industry experience a plus
• Foreign language(s) a plus
An Ideal Candidate Must:
• Be able to self-motivate
• Be a mature individual with confidence and focus
• Be able to take, as well as give direction to best manage projects and others, and be able to identify when to step in during critical moments.
• Be forward thinking and able to issue spot the needs of the overall department and senior management. “Gets the Big Picture”
• Have a positive and personable demeanor while multi-tasking and working with time sensitive processes
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
• Able to follow-up / follow through without having to be reminded
• Be fluent in English both verbal and written
• Looking for long-term growth / a career-minded individual
COMPETITIVE AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PROGRAM:
Health Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Dental Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Vision Insurance, Optional Life Insurance, Business Travel Insurance, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Generous Holiday, Sick, and PTO policy.
COMPANY HOME PAGE: www.american-trading.com
JOB TYPE: Full Time
START DATE: Immediately
JOB LOCATION: West LA
WAGE / SALARY / TITLE: Depending on Experience DOE
DAY/HOURS: M-F 40 Hours/Per Week