American Trading International, Inc (ATI) is currently seeking a Corporate Coordinator to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
ATI has recently expanded our beautiful Westside office and is looking for sharp, smart, like-minded individuals to help take us to the next level!
ATI is a 20 year old Los Angeles, CA based export trading company specialized in USA food & beverage products, both branded and private label. We are currently seeking to fill a new position in our fast growing, dynamic work environment. ATI is a 45 employee / $50 million operation exporting to over 80 markets worldwide. We take pride in our state-of-the-art facilities, resources, friendly atmosphere, with a multi-cultural / multi-lingual staff speaking more than 25 languages. We now also operate on SAP.
• Export Documentation Review
• Rates- understand and able to discuss common carrier rate terms
• Become/act as a notary public for ATI. Requires a 3-hour notary class & exam to become licensed to notarize logistics documents
• DHL/FedEx Maintenance of Contracted Rates
• Couriers- Coordinate courier services
• Write, train and enforce Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions
• SOP Maintenance of Logistics Functions
• Coordinate meeting minutes for all Logistics Department meetings
• Claims: Candidate should be familiar with general manufacturing/distribution practices to manage and communicate progress on claims. Candidate will coordinate status on claims across multiple customers/manufacturers
• Monitor and manage action points for department meetings
• Create and coordinate reporting on key metrics, manufacturer performance and status of research on claims for the department using SAP and Excel
• Ability to understand business, translate conversation into reporting for management
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Understand basic logistics and export documentations requirements and procedures as executed at ATI.
• Interest in International Trade and Global Affairs
• Passion for International Trade and Global Affairs
• Fluent in English both verbal and written
• Advanced skill with Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5 years of working experience
• Relevant experience in the food and beverage industry and/or Logistics experience a plus
• SAP experience a plus
• Foreign language(s) skills a plus
An Ideal Candidate Must
• Dependable, Accountable, and Responsible
• Be a mature individual with confidence and focus
• Be able to manage up and laterally professionally
• Be able to take, as well as give direction to best manage projects and others, and be able to identify when to step in during critical moments.
• Be forward thinking and able to issue spot the needs of the overall department and senior management. “Gets the Big Picture”
• Have a positive and personable demeanor while multi-tasking and working with time sensitive processes
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
• Able to follow-up and follow through without having to be reminded
• Be able to self-motivate, be highly organized, and an effective communicator
• Be fluent in English both verbal and written
• Looking for long-term growth / a career-minded individual
COMPETITIVE AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PROGRAM:
Health Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Dental Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Vision Insurance, Optional Life Insurance, Business Travel Insurance, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Generous Holiday, Sick, and PTO policy.
COMPANY HOME PAGE: www.american-trading.com
JOB TYPE: Full Time
START DATE: Immediately
JOB LOCATION: West LA
WAGE / SALARY / TITLE: Depending on Experience DOE
DAY/HOURS: M-F 40 Hours/Per Week
Job Type: Full-time