American Trading International, Inc. (ATI) is currently seeking an experienced Data & Systems Manager to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
ATI has recently expanded our beautiful Westside office and is looking for sharp, smart, like-minded individuals to help take us to the next level!
ATI is a 20 year old Los Angeles, CA based export trading company specialized in USA food & beverage products, both branded and private label. We are currently seeking to fill a new position in our fast growing, dynamic work environment. ATI is a 45 employee / $50 million operation exporting to over 80 markets worldwide. We take pride in our state-of-the-art facilities, resources, friendly atmosphere, with a multi-cultural / multi-lingual staff speaking more than 20 languages. We now also operate on SAP.
JOB RESPONSIBILITES: : Responsible for all company systems activity
• The D&S Manager will lead, develop, and, upon approval, implement Data Governance and Data Management practices across all company departments.
• The D&S Manager will maximize the value of data input analysis and business intelligence.
• The D&S Manager will assist in improving core IT system practices and processes, providing internal guidance to the organization on all systems matters.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Management of Employees/Outside Vendors
• Initiate and drive meetings for Data Management and Systems implementations.
• Support and advise on systems contributions for different departmental team(s) targeted goals
• Resolve problems concerning systems issues.
• Hold team members accountable for timely resolution of system errors & issues.
• Hold team responsible for data integrity and compliance of Systems SOP.
• Point of Contact for Outside IT Service Provider
• Point of Contact for Outside ERP Partner Provider
• Point of Contact for Outside Inventory Software Provider
Training of Employees
• Initiate and drive scheduled training sessions when applicable.
• Organize and update all Data Management and Systems Department training materials and SOP as needed.
• Create written SOP, policies and procedures for data management and systems activities.
• Create written SOP for data management and system activities that involve reporting and/or templates created by systems.
Management of Responsibilities
• Establish KPI’s, success measures, and drive performance for data management and system processes.
• Monitor, record, analyze, and report on activities, trends, results and make recommendations to executive level on improvements.
• Run, validate and improve systems processes by identifying opportunities and developing application strategies (budgeting, forecasting, reporting, form templating, activity reporting, project reporting).
• Contribute to design, testing and implementation of next-generation ERP, CRM and BI systems, coordinate beta testing responsibilities, as well as, any relevant department specialists/key users.
• Improve business processes and operations through prototyping and developing new systems enhancements and collaborate in the deployment of enhancements to existing systems as well.
• Ensure data usage, quality and transparency.
• Create efficient user-friendly reports to pro-actively drive fact-based business decisions through recommending improvements and identifying new opportunities.
• Operate as a checkpoint in creation of new departmental SOP that involve data management and technology, to ensure all changes and updates will not have unforeseen conflict in our business practices.
• Troubleshoot data management and systems errors for all departments
• Filter and address tech tickets not covered by Outside IT Service Provider
• Understand Full functionality of Microsoft Office 365
• Full functionality of all Microsoft Applications and/or independent software(s) the company adopts to use with Microsoft Office 365[WG2]
• In-office expert and administrator of ERP system (SAP ByDesign), all maintenance and customization to system and the overall management of data sources used for reporting purposes.
• Oversee SOP process for all fraud and/or IT breaches to all systems.
• Manage and oversee all IT Hardware and Software Capital Expenditure implementation.
• Maintain and oversee all licensing contract negotiations and renewals for all licensed software.
Reporting, Data Analytics and Data Management
• Build and provide all departments with timely and accurate creation of reports using SAP ByDesign and Excel, reporting on all aspects and all business functions within the company.
• Develop reports for and support the creation of Customer and Manufacturer scorecards
• Develop comprehensive reports with complete analysis
• Establish Data Integrity rules and training
• Create, read and update reports and dashboards in excel and Power BI
• Experienced in Master Data Management
• Deep Excel and SQL skills
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Interest in International Trade and Global Affairs
• 5 -7 years data and systems management experience
• Experience with SAP Software
• Relevant industry experience a plus
• Foreign language(s) a plus
An Ideal Candidate Must:
• Be able to self-motivate
• Be a mature individual with confidence and focus
• Be able to take, as well as give direction to best manage projects and others, and be able to identify when to step in during critical moments.
• Be forward thinking and able to issue spot the needs of the overall department and senior management. “Gets the Big Picture”
• Have a positive and personable demeanor while multi-tasking and working with time sensitive processes
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
• Able to follow-up / follow through without having to be reminded
• Be fluent in English both verbal and written
• Looking for long-term growth / a career-minded individual
COMPETITIVE AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PROGRAM:
Health Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Dental Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Vision Insurance, Optional Life Insurance, Business Travel Insurance, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Generous Holiday, Sick and PTO policy.
COMPANY HOME PAGE: www.american-trading.com
JOB TYPE: Full Time
START DATE: Immediately
JOB LOCATION: West Los Angeles
WAGE / SALARY / TITLE: Depending On Experience
DAY/HOURS: M-F 40 Hours/Per Week