American Trading International, Inc. (ATI) exports USA food and beverages to over 80 markets worldwide. We are located in a beautiful Westside office with state-of-the-art facilities and resources, friendly atmosphere, with multi-cultural / multi-lingual staff, we are currently looking for long-term growth/career minded individuals.
We are currently seeking to fill an Export Purchasing Assistant position in a fast growing, dynamic Export Trading Company. The selected candidate will work hands-on with manufacturers and potentially with customers and shipping lines. The primary purpose of an Export Purchasing Assistant is to generate purchase orders with manufacturers and assist the Purchasing Department. Daily activities will include generating purchase orders, updating price lists, and organizing the database for customer required special documentation as well as corresponding and working with domestic suppliers/manufacturers.
• Process Purchase Orders with Manufacturers
• Confirm Accuracy of Purchase Orders
• Maintain Accurate Records Related to Purchases
• Assist Traffic Team for Transaction Completion
• Handle Customer Service Issues with Manufacturers
• Perform Additional Projects as Assigned Per Different Departments’ Needs
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2-3 years of working experience
• Passion for International Trade and Global Affairs
• Have relevant industry experience
• Speak foreign languages
• Possess high degree of proficiency in SAP
• Be a mature individual with Confidence and Focus
• Dependable, Accountable, and Responsible
• Be able to take, as well as give, direction to best manage projects and others and identify when to step in during critical moments.
• Be Forward Thinking and able to issue spot the needs of the overall department and senior management. “Gets the Big Picture”
• Be able to Self-Motivate, be Highly Organized, and an effective communication.
• Have a positive and personable demeanor while multi-tasking and working with time sensitive processes
• Have excellent organization and verbal communication skills
• Be detailed-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
• Able to Follow-Up / Follow Through without having to be reminded
• Be FLUENT in English both verbal and written
• Looking for long-term growth / career-minded
• Computer Skills: MS Office, Windows, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe Photoshop (preferred).