American Trading International, Inc. (ATI) is currently seeking an experienced Director of Finance to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
ATI has recently expanded our beautiful Westside office and is looking for sharp, smart, like-minded individuals to help take us to the next level! ATI is a 20 year old Los Angeles, CA based export trading company specialized in USA food & beverage products, both branded and private label. We are currently seeking to fill a new position in our fast growing, dynamic work environment. ATI is a 45 employee / $50 million operation exporting to over 80 markets worldwide. We take pride in our state-of-the-art facilities, resources, friendly atmosphere, with a multi-cultural / multi-lingual staff speaking more than 20 languages. We now also operate on SAP.
Position is accountable for the documentation and due diligence required in the credit granting process, including the consistent application of the company credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers. Manage company accounts (suppliers) credit terms and negotiation of agreements and/or contracts. Data Analytics on profitability and areas for revenue improvement.
• Maintain a department organizational structure and assignment of responsibilities (AR and AP) sufficient to meet all goals and objectives of the company, while working directly with the CFO.
• Manage accounts with credit reporting agencies (Dunn and Bradstreet, etc.)
• Manage all accounts with credit insurance provider (Export Import Bank of the United States)
• Manage relations with the sales department
• Maintain the corporate credit policy and relationship with customers
• Recommend changes in the credit policy to senior management
• Create a credit scoring model, and implement with sales department
• Manage and maintain customer credit files
• Manage the credit granting and updating process
• Monitor periodic credit reviews
• Document the staff’s credit recommendations
• Personally investigate the largest customer credit applications
• Manage credit memos and/or claims with customers and supplier
• Manage the application of late fees
• Manage all credits and deductions on accounts
• Manage and review all new supplier agreements and/or contracts
• Negotiate payment terms with suppliers
• Reconciliation of banking accounts and credit cards
• Oversee and Accomplish Timely Month End Close
• Reporting of Data Analytics on profitability of trade lanes and regions
7 years of AR or AP credit management experience. Bachelor’s degree in business and experience with credit scoring and credit insurance preferred (Export Import Bank of the US). Have considerable experience with customer and/or account negotiations. Knowledge of SAP software.
COMPETITIVE AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PROGRAM:
Health Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Dental Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Vision Insurance, Optional Life Insurance, Business Travel Insurance, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Generous Holiday, Sick and PTO policy.
COMPANY HOME PAGE: www.american-trading.com
JOB TYPE: Full Time
START DATE: Immediately
JOB LOCATION: West LA
WAGE / SALARY / TITLE: Depending on Experience
DAY/HOURS: M-F 40 Hours/Per Week