American Trading International, Inc. (ATI) is currently seeking an experienced Director of Logistics to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
ATI has recently expanded our beautiful Westside office and is looking for sharp, smart, like-minded individuals to help take us to the next level!
ATI is a 20 year old Los Angeles, CA based export trading company specialized in USA food & beverage products, both branded and private label. We are currently seeking to fill a new position in our fast growing, dynamic work environment. ATI is a 45 employee / $50 million operation exporting to over 80 markets worldwide. We take pride in our state-of-the-art facilities, resources, friendly atmosphere, with a multi-cultural / multi-lingual staff speaking more than 25 languages. We now also operate on SAP.
The Director of Logistics is responsible to oversee the Logistics Department which operates as an international freight forwarder. Logistics is largest single department in ATI consisting of 15 associates. (1) Logistics Manager, (3) supervisors. Responsible in coordination with other Departmental Directors for the day to day operations of the business in accordance to the overall company strategic plans.
• Provide leadership and analytical guidance towards the achievement of determined objectives by developing and providing strategies as well as action steps, analytics and insights
• Identify strategies; Monitoring forecasts vs. budget and identifying and communicating gaps on an ongoing basis
• Support strategy for company to reduce costs, improve quality and on time delivery of product
• Present analysis and make clear recommendations on objectives needed to build relationships and facilitates the flow of information both internally and externally while providing decision-making suggestions needed to improve performance outcomes
• Motivate, inspire and engage employees in developing their position related skills, knowledge, and abilities through active coaching; Provide ongoing mentorship and development of the team
• Attend promptly to the administrative details of the position, including the signing of documents, preparations of reports, completion of performance appraisals and other employee-related actions
• Develop and provide consistent communication with the Executive Team of monthly targets and goal achievements including documentation of plans
• Partner and liaison with other Departmental Directors about what is occurring interdepartmentally to work in concert in the achievement of the company’s tactical and strategic goals
• Monitor, guide and/or conduct regular one-on-one meetings with direct reports; managers, supervisors and front-line employees (as needed) to ensure departmental leadership is providing actionable, honest and productive performance feedback and suggestions for improvement, reporting underperformance to HR
• Establishes and implements a Continuous Improvement Program which reviews all existing and develops new programs and processes to ensure continued success in customer and manufacturer satisfaction, approaching departmental operations with a production mindset
• Track, develop and implement strategies for reducing costs incurred due to departmental employee error or omissions and claims
• Establish professional working relationships with peers at ATI’s manufacturers to coordinate and execute regular production calls to discuss capabilities, lead times and productions schedules, and reporting on manufacturer performance
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
• Assist in defining KPIs for departments and establish systems/processes for measuring them.
• Establishing a performance measurement mechanism which provides the ability to measure performance against expectations.
• Carries out Director responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Interest in International Trade and Global Affairs
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
• Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
• Knowledge and experience with SAP Software
• Well-developed negotiation, project management skills
• Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
An Ideal Candidate must:
• Be versatile, flexible, and willing to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Be able to self-motivate and not afraid to roll-up the sleeves to jump in to identify and correct departmental process errors, a visible and engaged leader
• Be a mature individual with confidence and focus
• Be able to take, as well as give direction to best manage projects and others, and be able to identify when to step in during critical moments.
• Be forward thinking and able to issue spot the needs of the overall department and senior management. “Gets the Big Picture”
• Have a positive and personable demeanor while multi-tasking and working with time sensitive processes
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
• Able to follow-up / follow through without having to be reminded
• Be fluent in English both verbal and written
• Looking for long-term growth / a career-minded individual
COMPETITIVE AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PROGRAM:
Health Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Dental Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Vision Insurance, Optional Life Insurance, Business Travel Insurance, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Generous Holiday, Sick and PTO policy.
COMPANY HOME PAGE: www.american-trading.com
JOB TYPE: Full Time
START DATE: Immediately
JOB LOCATION: West LA
WAGE / SALARY / TITLE: Depending On Experience
DAY/HOURS: M-F 40 Hours/Per Week