American Trading International, Inc (ATI) is currently seeking an experienced Director of Operations to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
ATI has recently expanded our beautiful Westside office and is looking for sharp, smart, like-minded individuals to help take us to the next level!
ATI is a 20 year old Los Angeles, CA based export trading company specialized in USA food & beverage products, both branded and private label. We are currently seeking to fill a new position in our fast growing, dynamic work environment. ATI is a 45 employee / $50 million operation exporting to over 80 markets worldwide. We take pride in our state-of-the-art facilities, resources, friendly atmosphere, with a multi-cultural / multi-lingual staff speaking more than 20 languages. We now also operate on SAP.
The Director of Operations is responsible for planning and managing the company’s day-to-day operations. Responsible for managing, developing, and monitoring all departments such as sales, marketing, and logistics processes and performance needed to support the growth of the business in accordance to the CEO, CFO and/or overall company strategic plans.
• Provide leadership and analytical guidance towards the achievement of determined objectives by developing and providing strategies as well as action steps, analytics and insights
• Identify strategies; Monitoring forecasts vs. budget and identifying and communicating gaps on an ongoing basis
• Support strategy for company to reduce costs, quality and on time delivery of product
• Present analysis and make clear recommendations on objectives needed to build relationships and facilitates the flow of information both internally and externally while providing decision-making suggestions needed to improve performance outcomes
• Motivate, inspire and engage employees in developing their sales skills, knowledge, and abilities through active coaching; Provide ongoing mentorship and development of the team
• Attend promptly to the administrative details of the position, including the signing of documents, preparations of reports, completion of performance appraisals and other employee-related actions.
• Consistent communication with CEO & CFO of monthly targets and goal achievements including documentation of plans
• Liaison with Controller about what is occurring interdepartmentally to work on the same goals
• Conduct weekly, bi-weekly and/or monthly one-on-one meetings providing performance feedback to their team members, reporting underperformance to HR
• Establishes and implements effective programs and processes to ensure continued success in customer and manufacturer satisfaction
• Assist in developing and implementing strategies for expanding sales
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
• Assist in defining KPIs for departments and establish systems/processes for measuring them.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Interest in International Trade and Global Affairs
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
• Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
• Knowledge and experience with SAP Software
• Well-developed negotiation, project and account management skills
• Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
An Ideal Candidate must:
• Be versatile, flexible, and willing to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Be able to self-motivate
• Be a mature individual with confidence and focus
• Be able to take, as well as give direction to best manage projects and others, and be able to identify when to step in during critical moments.
• Be forward thinking and able to issue spot the needs of the overall department and senior management. “Gets the Big Picture”
• Have a positive and personable demeanor while multi-tasking and working with time sensitive processes
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
• Able to follow-up / follow through without having to be reminded
• Be fluent in English both verbal and written
• Looking for long-term growth / a career-minded individual