American Trading International, Inc. (ATI) is currently seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
ATI has recently expanded our beautiful Westside office and is looking for sharp, smart, like-minded individuals to help take us to the next level! ATI is a 20 year old Los Angeles, CA based export trading company specialized in USA food & beverage products, both branded and private label. We are currently seeking to fill a new position in our fast growing, dynamic work environment. ATI is a 45 employee / $50 million operation exporting to over 80 markets worldwide. We take pride in our state-of-the-art facilities, resources, friendly atmosphere, with a multi-cultural / multi-lingual staff speaking more than 25 languages. We now also operate on SAP.
• Sophisticated calendar management to prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts with little guidance.
• Primary point of contact for internal and external correspondence on matters pertaining to the COO.
• Communicate with all Managers on updates of issues and report runs.
• Act as the first point of contact with employees and suppliers to Direct Report.
• Be a motivator, fostering strong morale and team spirit between employees that are management by Direct Report, support the efforts of all managers as they pertain to Direct Report goals, promote and protect image of Direct Report and company.
• Assist with the maintenance and growth of key accounts/issues managed by Direct Report. Make sure that key projects for department continue to be worked on timely and are progressing according to timeline of the project/goal.
• Issue spot, research situations, draft emails per Direct Report direction to address an issue/problem and follow up.
• Follow up on issues with different departments that effect Direct Report goals.
• Assist with all forms, provide general assistance on reviewing agreements, contracts, etc.
• Assist with travel arrangements, including booking flights, hotels, transportation at event location, scheduling meals with customers, manufacturers, maintain travel event itinerary and schedule, and coordinate with other company employees on traveling at the same time.
• Schedule and coordinate phone calls/ conference calls with manufacturers/customers.
• Maintain corporate vehicles: keep track of scheduled maintenance, schedule repairs, and keep vehicles clean and full of gas, calendar and schedule of vehicle usage.
Position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3-5 years of working experience as an Executive Assistant for C level employees or other High-Level Management.
• Excellent knowledge of standard office administrative practices, best business practices and procedures.
• Must be a highly detail oriented individual, personable, and able to multi-task while working with time sensitive processes.
• Able to take constructive criticism and redirection well.
• Able to maintain a pleasant and positive demeanor during stressful and high demand situations.
• Individual should be able to Forward Think and Issue Spot.
• Someone who gets the big picture while also keeping track of little issues at that same time.
• Able to create your own tasks during down time with minimal direction and approval.
• Able to follow-up / follow through without having to be reminded.
• Be able to give direction to best manage projects and others, and be able to identify when to step in during critical moments.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Be efficient with a high degree of accuracy.
• Interest in International Trade and Global Affairs.
• Experience with SAP Software.
• Relevant industry experience a plus.
An Ideal Candidate Must:
• Be able to self-motivate and recognize priority of issues.
• Will have a love for and appreciation of organization and fast paced change/results.
• Be a mature individual with confidence and focus.
• Be forward thinking and able to issue spot the needs of the overall department and senior management. “Gets the Big Picture”.
• Looking for long-term growth / a career-minded individual.
COMPETITIVE AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PROGRAM:
Health Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Dental Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Vision Insurance, Optional Life Insurance, Business Travel Insurance, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Generous Holiday, Sick, and PTO policy.
COMPANY HOME PAGE: www.american-trading.com
JOB TYPE: Full Time
START DATE: Immediately
JOB LOCATION: West LA
WAGE / SALARY / TITLE: Depending on Experience
DAY/HOURS: M-F 40 Hours/Per Week