American Trading International, Inc. (ATI) is currently seeking an experienced Export Purchasing Coordinator to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
ATI has recently expanded our beautiful Westside office and is looking for sharp, smart, like-minded individuals to help take us to the next level!
ATI is a 20 year old Los Angeles, CA based export trading company specialized in USA food & beverage products, both branded and private label. We are currently seeking to fill a new position in our fast growing, dynamic work environment. ATI is a 45 employee / $50 million operation exporting to over 80 markets worldwide. We take pride in our state-of-the-art facilities, resources, friendly atmosphere, with a multi-cultural / multi-lingual staff speaking more than 20 languages. We now also operate on SAP.
• Procure finished goods domestically for international export, create export transaction in alignment with company financial goals.
• Gain a working knowledge of ATI regular customers and manufacturers.
• Gain a working knowledge of all customer CNF pricing and manufacturer FOB pricing.
• Process and review customer RFQ for loading inefficiencies and possible additions needed/beneficial to the order, evaluate these orders in a Profit and Loss format adhering to customer requirements, manufacturer capabilities and ATI policy and procedure.
• Correspond and advise customers on changes needed/suggested to their RFQ.
• Create and revise Pro Forma Invoices for export orders in LCL, FCL, LTL, TL size procurement with CNF Pricing.
• Knowledge of ocean vessel container specifications and loading requirements based on cases/pallet, case cube, case weight and correlate with customer/manufacturer requirements; ability to max load a container for customer and company benefit.
• Update regular manufacturer pricelists of any price increase/decrease
• Coordinate with manufacturers for pricing verification, MOQ requirement, loading and consolidation abilities for complex re-orders
• Work with trucking and shipping lines to negotiate better rates that will impact Profit and Loss.
• Coordinate with sales, logistics and accounting departments internally on customer requests and revisions.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Interest in International Trade and Global Affairs
• 3 – 5 years senior buyer, purchasing, procurement department, supply chain experience
• Experience with SAP Software
• Relevant industry experience a plus
• Foreign language(s) a plus
An Ideal Candidate Must:
• Be able to self-motivate
• Be a mature individual with confidence and focus
• Be able to take, as well as give direction to best manage projects and others, and be able to identify when to step in during critical moments.
• Be forward thinking and able to issue spot the needs of the overall department and senior management. “Gets the Big Picture”
• Have a positive and personable demeanor while multi-tasking and working with time sensitive processes
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
• Able to follow-up / follow through without having to be reminded
• Be fluent in English both verbal and written
• Looking for long-term growth / a career-minded individual
COMPETITIVE AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PROGRAM:
Health Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Dental Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Vision Insurance, Optional Life Insurance, Business Travel Insurance, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Generous Holiday, Sick and PTO policy.
COMPANY HOME PAGE: www.american-trading.com
JOB TYPE: Full Time
START DATE: Immediately
JOB LOCATION: West LA
WAGE / SALARY / TITLE: Depending On Experience
DAY/HOURS: M-F 40 Hours/Per Week