American Trading International is currently seeking to fill an Export Purchasing Coordinator position in a fast growing, dynamic export trading company. The selected candidate will work hands-on with manufacturers, trucking companies, shipping lines and potentially with customers around the globe. The primary purpose of an Export Purchasing Coordinator is to receive and process requests for quotation from customers.
American Trading International, Inc. is a 45 employee / $50 million operation exporting USA food and beverages to over 80 markets worldwide. Beautiful Westside office with state-of-the-art facilities and resources, friendly atmosphere, with multi-cultural / multi-lingual staff, looking for long-term growth/career minded individuals.
Daily activities will include generating profit & loss proposals and sales orders, coordinating customer and manufacturer requirements and updating customer database.
• Process Customer Requests for Quotation.
• Generate Profit & Loss Proposals and Sales Orders.
• Confirm Accuracy of Profit & Loss Proposals and Sales Orders.
• Maintain Accurate Records related to Customer Requirements.
• Assist Sales and Traffic Team for Transaction Completion.
• Perform additional projects as assigned per different departments’ needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2-3 years of working experience
• Passion for International Trade and Global Affairs
• Foreign language(s) a plus
• Relevant industry experience a plus
• Possess high degree of proficiency in SAP a plus
• Be a mature individual with Confidence and Focus
• Dependable, Accountable, and Responsible
• Be able to take, as well as give, direction to best manage projects and others and identify when to step in during critical moments.
• Be Forward Thinking and able to issue spot the needs of the overall department and senior management. “Gets the Big Picture”
• Be able to Self-Motivate, be Highly Organized, and an effective communication.
• Have a positive and personable demeanor while multi-tasking and working with time sensitive processes
• Have excellent organization and verbal communication skills
• Be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
• Able to Follow-Up / Follow Through without having to be reminded
• Be FLUENT in English both verbal and written
• Looking for long-term growth / career-minded
• Computer Skills: MS Office, Windows, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe Photoshop (preferred).