American Trading International, Inc. (ATI) is currently seeking an experienced International Sales Director to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
ATI has recently expanded our beautiful Westside office and is looking for sharp, smart, like-minded individuals to help take us to the next level!
ATI is a 20 year old Los Angeles, CA based export trading company specialized in USA food & beverage products, both branded and private label. We are currently seeking to fill a new position in our fast growing, dynamic work environment. ATI is a 45 employee / $50 million operation exporting to over 80 markets worldwide. We take pride in our state-of-the-art facilities, resources, friendly atmosphere, with a multi-cultural / multi-lingual staff speaking more than 20 languages. We now also operate on SAP.
• Constant contact and follow up with accounts to ensure quality customer service and experience with ATI on their preliminary order(s) and subsequent follow up on how the items are doing and what can be done to support and improve the relationship as well as sales growth in the market.
• Reach out to existing customers taking new items and check on the status of the new items and how they are doing and what can be done, check for customer satisfaction and get feedback.
• Check for customer satisfaction and obtain feedback from a management level.
• New Business Development – In charge of implementing a region wide business development plan and leading the team to achieve new accounts in new channels. There should always be a vision and a path to go after new business.
• Evaluate all current customers’ performance and explore opportunities for how we can maximize their business and identify opportunities to add on new items based on evaluation. Analyze and evaluate trends in customers’ orders/order structure, and aggressively forecast sales for all customers based on trends. Be aware when a customer is down in sales and offer suggestions on how we can revive the business. Responsible for evaluating reports on customers and their performance.
• Ensure regional team goes above and beyond with outstanding customer service and meets the sales expectation. Flawlessly represent ATI with customers and manufactures and be seen as a senior/lead figure within the sales team. Complete all documentation and delivered pricing with impeccable turnaround time.
• Develop new business in existing regions. Enter new large markets/customers and receive sales.
• Support inter – department sales order management throughout all departments.
• Ensure projects/ assignments are moving forward to completion, work inter-departmentally to ensure success of orders.
• Aware of labeling requirements for all accounts and support label department for completion and timely project success.
• Aware of branded product opportunities, work with the branded/marketing department to offer latest trends or company focused opportunities
• Meet company guidelines for order Profit Margin.
• Work with all departments on resolving customer complaints, claims and/or issues.
• Deep knowledge of critical success factors to your accounts and markets managed.
• Work with the Branded/Marketing department on opportunities that have been identified in the region and/or are directed by CEO.
• Forecasting or products taken by account to anticipate growth and foresee potential issues.
• Reorder Analysis of products taken in see purchasing trends and identify opportunities to grow.
• Understand the markets of accounts under management and what competitors are doing in those markets. Be able to strategize opportunities based on this knowledge.
• In depth knowledge of Account, buy patterns, items imported, relationships with other US suppliers, category review times, seasonal purchasing needs, etc.
• Be able to offer constructive suggestions with solutions on how ATI can improve existing processes and organization.
• Ability to work inter-departmentally to ensure customer and company success, most of all customer satisfaction.
• Step in when issues begin to surface, work to prevent/avoid issues or uncomfortable situations
• Ability to negotiate special pricing or discounts when needed for accounts.
• Ability to explain market and account needs accurately and persuasively to achieve results for customer and ATI.
• Ability to mitigate issues, customer complaints, and customer claims as needed to resolve matters and provide excellent customer service.
Purchasing Department Relations & Profit Margin
• Ensure order integrity: P&L analysis, supporting documentation for P&L
• Oversee order structure for efficiency to ensure orders are shipped with maximum Profit Margin.
• Evaluate and request/negotiate discounts to ensure maximum Profit Margin on new and repeat orders.
• Structure all orders using the Profit Margin guidelines, if guidelines cannot be met work inter-departmentally to rework the order to maximum profitability.
• Create a plan for Profit Margin correction for all orders and items being sold under Profit Margin guidelines.
• Meet monthly with the Data Analytics Manager to review Profit Margins of each customer and items sold to that customer.
• Set goals of Profit Margin correction for all customers under guidelines.
• Purchasing Department will provide price increases to the customers effected and the Account Managers will then negotiate pricing with the customer, keeping Profit Margin goals in mind.
Logistics / Credit and Accounts / Private Label / Branded Marketing Department Relations
• Work with the department to ensure customer satisfaction on all orders shipped.
• Step in when issues begin to surface and work to prevent/avoid issues or uncomfortable situations.
• Guide department on how to handle customers on sensitive and/or important and/or critical news, this does not mean that the Account Manager should handle logistics/traffic issues but should be a leader providing guidance on the best way to handle the customer. If the Account Manager chooses to handle the issue themselves, that is up to their discretion on how the customer/account should be managed.
• If guidance is needed on escalated issues or matters that will have a large financial impact, consultation with the Controller is recommended.
• Meet with CEO for weekly strategy meetings in order to meet company expectations and performance levels.
• Work with CEO on new product ideas for customer portfolio expansion.
• Suggest and reach new large accounts that require advanced follow up and specific strategies to become our customers.
• Work with CEO on potential marketing efforts and/or opportunities to grow and expand customer portfolios.
• Work with CEO on potential strategic meetings and/or travel to visit markets.
Organizational and Management
• Accountable to CFO, COO for reporting department performance (workload quantity and quality), as well as, project status and opportunities under development, information should be up to date and available at all times for review.
• Accountable to CFO, COO for following and enforcing all company policy and procedures.
• Accountable to CFO, COO for following and enforcing all KPI’s with employees and reviewing their performance.
• Ability to manage HR related situations for any direct reports. This includes but is not limited to: issues between team members, performance improvement plans, write ups, performance documentation, addressing suggestions/complaints, employee reviews, accountability, PTO, etc.
• Responsible for evaluating trade events for accounts managed, trade missions/events with the sales management team and staying current on all events that may potentially benefit ATI as well as shows that we should no longer participate in due to minimal gains.
• Represent ATI at industry events and meet with prospects and clients with attending such events.
• Account Sales Order Volume by Products with Comparison
• Opportunities by Employee
• Sales by Account Manager by Month
• Sales by Customer Account Detail
• Sales by Manufacturer
• Sales Order volume by Product
• Sales Overview
• Top Brand Sales by Country
• Top Sold Items per Month
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Interest in International Trade and Global Affairs
• 5 -7 years sales and sales management experience
• Experience with SAP Software
• Relevant industry experience a plus
• Foreign language(s) a plus
• • Be able to self-motivate
• Be a mature individual with confidence and focus
• Be able to take, as well as give direction to best manage projects and others, and be able to identify when to step in during critical moments.
• Be forward thinking and able to issue spot the needs of the overall department and senior management. “Gets the Big Picture”
• Have a positive and personable demeanor while multi-tasking and working with time sensitive processes
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
• Able to follow-up / follow through without having to be reminded
• Be fluent in English both verbal and written
• Looking for long-term growth / a career-minded individual