American Trading International, Inc. (ATI) is currently seeking an experienced International Trade Associate Manager to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
ATI is a 20 year old Los Angeles, CA based export trading company specialized in USA food & beverage products, both branded and private label. We are currently seeking to fill a new position in our fast growing, dynamic work environment. ATI is a 45 employee / $50 million operation exporting to over 80 markets worldwide. We take pride in our state-of-the-art facilities, resources, friendly atmosphere, with a multi-cultural / multi-lingual staff speaking more than 20 languages. We now also operate on SAP.
Managing and Leading Team
• The ITAM will be a morale coach to the team, implementing the ATI vision.
• The ITAM will be required to manage and hold regional team accountable for overall sales performance.
• Responsible for evaluating KPI’s with employees and reviewing their performance.
• The ITAM will act as a support role in training incoming regional team members, make sure trainees adhere to the training timeline, holding trainees accountable; also implement ongoing education of existing staff.
• The IAM will validate that each new employee is ready and capable of handling sales opportunities. All new employees must be certified in several different categories and milestones of training.
Customer Service / Managing Customers
• Reach out to new customers and ensure they had a great experience on their preliminary order(s) and subsequent follow up on how the items are doing and what can be done to support and improve the relationship as well as sales in the market.
• Reach out to existing customers who take new items and check on the status of the new items and how they are doing and what can be done, check for customer satisfaction and get feedback.
• Make sure team is reaching out to all existing customers and identifying new opportunities on a regular basis.
• Check for customer satisfaction and obtain feedback from a management level.
• Create and Implement new business development region wide and lead team to achieve new accounts in new channels. There should always be a vision and a path to go after new business.
• Evaluate all current customers’ performance and explore opportunities for how we can maximize their business and identify opportunities to add on new items based on evaluation. Analyze and evaluate trends in customers’ orders/order structure, and aggressively forecast sales for all customers based on trends. Be aware when a customer is down in sales and offer suggestions on how we can revive the business. Responsible for evaluating reports on customers and their performance.
• Ensure regional team goes above and beyond with outstanding customer service and meets the sales expectation. Flawlessly represent ATI with customers and manufactures and be a senior/lead figure within the sales team. Complete all documentation and delivered pricing with impeccable turnaround time.
• ITAM will be responsible for holding the team accountable for execution of Trade Events and Post Trade Event follow up.
• As new and upcoming Trade Events emerge, the ITAM is responsible for evaluating target markets, trade missions/events with the sales management team and staying current on all events that may potentially benefit ATI.
• Offer suggestions on how to improve our existing processes and implementation of new policy and procedures.
Managing / Evaluating Existing Manufacturers
• Relationship Building: Responsible for building relationships with manufacturers to ensure we are their first-choice exporter.
• Customer Service: Step in when issues begin to surface, work to prevent/avoid issues or uncomfortable situations.
Order Accuracy and Efficiency
• Ensure order accuracy, check for mistakes in proposed orders including: P & L documentation, Sales Order and Sales Order Overview (Receives Sales Order Approval in SAP).
• Oversee order efficiency to ensure potential orders are properly structured.
Reporting / Strategy
• Responsible for reporting department performance (workload quantity and quality) to management.
• Evaluate work progress of projects and customers and regional team.
• Ensure weekly strategy meetings and goal setting sessions take place with team to hold them accountable to their expectations and performance levels.
• Advanced knowledge of products, manufacturers, private label, logistics, and customers. Suggest new markets to enter based on market analysis. Suggest and reach new large accounts that require advanced follow up and specific strategies to become our customers. Ensure Gain Reports are turned in timely to ISM with appropriate action and ensure follow up.
• Always looking to evaluate and request/negotiate discounts (when appropriate).
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Interest in International Trade and Global Affairs
• 5 -7 years sales and sales management experience
• Experience with SAP Software
• Relevant industry experience a plus
• Fluent in Spanish both written and verbal
An Ideal Candidate Must:
• Be able to self-motivate
• Be a mature individual with confidence and focus
• Be able to take, as well as give direction to best manage projects and others, and be able to identify when to step in during critical moments.
• Be forward thinking and able to issue spot the needs of the overall department and senior management. “Gets the Big Picture”
• Have a positive and personable demeanor while multi-tasking and working with time sensitive processes
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
• Able to follow-up / follow through without having to be reminded
• Be fluent in English both verbal and written
• Looking for long-term growth / a career-minded individual
COMPETITIVE AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PROGRAM:
Health Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Dental Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Vision Insurance, Optional Life Insurance, Business Travel Insurance, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Generous Holiday, Sick and PTO policy.
COMPANY HOME PAGE: www.american-trading.com
JOB TYPE: Full Time
START DATE: Immediately
JOB LOCATION: West LA
WAGE / SALARY / TITLE: Depending On Experience
DAY/HOURS: M-F 40 Hours/Per Week