American Trading International, Inc. (ATI) is seeking an experienced International Trade Coordinator to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
ATI has recently expanded our beautiful Westside office and is looking for sharp, smart, like-minded individuals to help take us to the next level!
ATI is a 20 year old Los Angeles, CA based export trading company specialized in USA food & beverage products: wholesale, branded and private label. We are currently seeking to fill a new position in our fast growing, dynamic work environment. ATI is a 45 employee / $50 million operation exporting to over 80 markets worldwide. We take pride in our state-of-the-art facilities, resources, friendly atmosphere, with a multi-cultural / multi-lingual staff speaking more than 25 languages. We now also operate on SAP.
• Provide excellent customer service to ATI customers while working with the Accounts Manager to facilitate growth of sales and maximize profitability.
• Develop relationships with customers of existing accounts under direction of Accounts Manager to follow up on items and issues.
• Coordinator should have a strong connection with customers being managed by the Accounts Manager, including understanding of existing ranges taken, discontinued items, logistic issues, country restrictions, country requirements, and full sales history with ATI, etc.
• Advanced knowledge of trouble shooting and preventing unforeseen issues.
• Able to achieve 24 hour follow up time to emails from customers and manufacturers.
• Support Account Manager by analyzing customer buying trends, know customer purchase patterns, history with ATI including sales, ranges taken, discontinued items, always have a plan/replacement for discontinued items.
• Able to maintain KPI levels utilizing the opportunities report.
• Maximize the profitability of each order by conducting a full analysis of the order which would maximize routing and efficiency while minimizing overall costs. Analysis includes: maximizing different FOB locations, maximizing/analyzing routing, analyzing best consolidation point, basic awareness of uncontrollable issues possibly effecting outcome.
• Work with other ATI departments as necessary to facilitate orders and resolve issues.
• Able to work independently or as a team to achieve goals.
• Routinely report to and ensure follow up with manufacturer (e.g. after trade events, to give performance updates, etc.)
• Responsible for checking in with the manufacturer on a regular basis for new and discontinued products.
Position will report directly to Account Manager responsible for accounts they are assigned.
• Understand basic logistics and export documentations requirements and procedures as executed at ATI.
• Understand customer/target group needs and market requirements and be able to identify opportunities based on given information.
• Must have an extensive knowledge of all customers and manufacturers that ATI is working with and their product portfolio.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Interest in International Trade and Global Affairs
• 3 years of executive assistance, sales support, or data analytical experience
• Passion for International Trade and Global Affairs
• Fluent in English both verbal and written
• Experience with SAP Software
• 5 years of working experience
• Relevant experience in the food and beverage industry and/or International Sales experience a plus
• Foreign language(s) skills a plus
• Be able to self-motivate, be highly organized, and an effective communicator
• Dependable, Accountable, and Responsible
• Be a mature individual with confidence and focus
• Be able to take, as well as give direction to best manage projects and others, and be able to identify when to step in during critical moments.
• Be forward thinking and able to issue spot the needs of the overall department and senior management. “Gets the Big Picture”
• Have a positive and personable demeanor while multi-tasking and working with time sensitive processes
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
• Able to follow-up and follow through without having to be reminded
• Be fluent in English both verbal and written
• Looking for long-term growth / a career-minded individual
• Health Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available)
• Dental Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available)
• Vision Insurance
• Optional Life Insurance
• Business Travel Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
• Generous Holiday, Sick, and PTO policy