American Trading International, Inc. (ATI) is currently seeking an experienced Logistics Coordinator to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
ATI has recently expanded our beautiful Westside office and is looking for sharp, smart, like-minded individuals to help take us to the next level!
ATI is a 20 year old Los Angeles, CA based export trading company specialized in USA food & beverage products: wholesale, branded and private label. We are currently seeking to fill a position in our fast growing, dynamic work environment. ATI is a 45 employee / $50 million operation exporting to over 80 markets worldwide. We take pride in our state-of-the-art facilities, resources, friendly atmosphere, with a multi-cultural / multi-lingual staff speaking more than 25 languages. We now also operate on SAP.
Daily activities will be the organizing and overseeing of international transactions from start to finish for export sales. Corresponding and working with domestic suppliers/manufacturers, domestic trucking companies and warehoused, international shipping carriers, and foreign buyers.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
• Coordinate air or ocean shipments for export transactions.
• Track order progress daily using company operational software.
• Work with manufacturers to produce orders correct and timely.
• Work to ensure safe transport of goods to overseas buyer.
• Update all parties to the transaction on dates and information needed to execute order correctly.
• Prepare Bill of Lading instructions and File AES reports.
• Update customer of all order issues as needed.
• Prepare export documentation per transaction instructions and customer requirements.
• Collaborate with other company departments to ensure timely shipping.
• Handle Customer Service Issues as needed.
• Enter all order information in SAP operating system timely and with a very high level of precision.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Interest in International Trade and Global Affairs
• 1 -3 years relevant work experience
• Experience with SAP Software
• Relevant industry experience a plus
• Foreign language(s) a plus
An Ideal Candidate Must:
• Be able to self-motivate
• Be a mature individual with confidence and focus
• Be able to take, as well as give direction to best manage projects and others, and be able to identify when to step in during critical moments.
• Be forward thinking and able to issue spot the needs of the overall department and senior management. “Gets the Big Picture”
• Have a positive and personable demeanor while multi-tasking and working with time sensitive processes
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
• Able to follow-up / follow through without having to be reminded
• Be fluent in English both verbal and written
• Looking for long-term growth / a career-minded individual
COMPETITIVE AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PROGRAM:
Health Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Dental Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Vision Insurance, Optional Life Insurance, Business Travel Insurance, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Generous Holiday, Sick and PTO policy.
COMPANY HOME PAGE: www.american-trading.com
JOB TYPE: Full Time
START DATE: Immediately
JOB LOCATION: West LA
WAGE / SALARY / TITLE: Depending On Experience
DAY/HOURS: M-F 40 Hours/Per Week
Job Type: Full-time