American Trading International, Inc. (ATI) is currently seeking an experienced Region Director Latin America to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
ATI has recently expanded our beautiful Westside office and is looking for sharp, smart, like-minded individuals to help take us to the next level!
ATI is a 20 year old Los Angeles, CA based export trading company specialized in USA food & beverage products, both branded and private label. We are currently seeking to fill a new position in our fast growing, dynamic work environment. ATI is a 45 employee / $50 million operation exporting to over 80 markets worldwide. We take pride in our state-of-the-art facilities, resources, friendly atmosphere, with a multi-cultural / multi-lingual staff speaking more than 20 languages. We now also operate on SAP.
• Be the Company Advocate to the Customer, Company, and Regional Sales Team.
• Demonstrate knowledge of and supports ATI’s mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Have a mastery understanding of sales/marketing channels, customer expectations, and account management.
• Maintain a strong command of ATI’s portfolio of product offerings and stay up-to-date with domestic trends and their suitability for overseas markets.
• Building and maintaining relationships with category managers, import managers and executives with Customers.
• Guide market research of the area, region, and target customer to build an understanding of the customer needs. Incorporate this market and customer centric data into a presentation for the target customers.
• Be able to articulate and demonstrate to the prospective Customer ATI’s value-added services and knowledge of exports and international business.
• Coach and mentor Latin American Sales Team members to actively manage and grow existing key accounts.
• Leverage existing Customer relationships to drive incremental business with existing customers and manufacturers.
• Working with the Latin America Sales Team to evaluate all customers’ performance and explore opportunities for how we can maximize their business and identify opportunities to add on new items based on evaluation. Analyze and evaluate trends in customers’ orders/order structure, and aggressively forecast sales for all customers based on trends. Be aware when a customer is down in sales and offer suggestions on how we can revive the business. Responsible for evaluating reports on customers and their performance.
• Ensure Sales Team goes above and beyond with outstanding Customer service and meets the revenue and budget expectations. Flawlessly represent ATI with Customers and manufactures and be recognized as a senior manager within the sales organization and ATI.
• Develop an awareness of branded product opportunities, work with the branded/marketing department to offer latest trends or company focused opportunities
• Meet company guidelines for order Profit Margin.
• Work with the Branded/Marketing department on opportunities that have been identified in the region and/or are directed by CEO.
• Forecasting or products taken by account to anticipate growth and foresee potential issues.
• Reorder Analysis of products taken in see purchasing trends and identify opportunities to grow.
• Understand the markets of accounts under management and what competitors are doing in those markets. Be able to strategize opportunities based on this knowledge.
• In depth knowledge of Account, buy patterns, items imported, relationships with other US suppliers, category review times, seasonal purchasing needs, etc.
• Manufacturer Relations
• Purchasing Department Relations & Profit Margin
• Logistics / Credit and Accounts / Private Label / Branded Marketing Department Relations
• Strategy Development
• Organizational and Management
• Trade Events
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Interest in International Trade and Global Affairs
• 5 -7 years sales and sales management experience
• Experience with SAP Software
• Relevant industry experience a plus
• Foreign language(s) a plus
An Ideal Candidate Must:
• Be able to self-motivate
• Be a mature individual with confidence and focus
• Be able to take, as well as give direction to best manage projects and others, and be able to identify when to step in during critical moments.
• Be forward thinking and able to issue spot the needs of the overall department and senior management. “Gets the Big Picture”
• Have a positive and personable demeanor while multi-tasking and working with time sensitive processes
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
• Able to follow-up / follow through without having to be reminded
• Be fluent in English both verbal and written
• Looking for long-term growth / a career-minded individual
COMPETITIVE AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PROGRAM:
Health Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Dental Insurance (HMO & PPO Options Available), Vision Insurance, Optional Life Insurance, Business Travel Insurance, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Generous Holiday, Sick and PTO policy.
COMPANY HOME PAGE: www.american-trading.com
JOB TYPE: Full Time
START DATE: Immediately
JOB LOCATION: West LA
WAGE / SALARY / TITLE: Depending On Experience
Job Type: Full-time